The Holy Bible, also known as just the Bible, is a collection of sacred scripture which generally refer to the texts of Judaism and Christianity. The prophecies regarding the Antichrist, Armageddon, and the Second Coming of Christ are foretold in the Book of Revelation; which is the last book in the Christian New Testament of the Bible.
- "When the Jews return to Zion and a comet fills the sky, and the Holy Roman Empire rises; then you and I must die. From the eternal sea he rises, creating armies on either shore, turning man against his brother, 'til man exists no more."
- ―The Biblical poem by Father Brennan about the Antichrist's birth and rise to power.
The events that signalled the birth of the Antichrist, Damien Thorn, as well as the fact that Damien would rise to power 'from the eternal sea,' were foretold by Father Brennan in a Biblical poem. The former foretold events included the Jews returning to Israel, a comet appearing in the sky, and the rise of a holy Roman empire. The latter is speculated by Robert Thorn to be the Treaty of Rome (the formation of the common market), and the eternal sea represents the world of politics; the sea that constantly rages with turmoil and revolution.
At the end of the film, a Biblical verse which states all the apostles of Satan will bear the number 666 is referenced.
- "And then shall the wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming."
- ―The Biblical verse about the end of the Antichrist, quoted by Carl Bugenhagen before his death.
- "And they worshipped the Dragon which gave power unto the Beast: and they worshipped the Beast, saying, "Who is like unto the Beast? Who is able to make war with him?" And I saw the Beast and the kings of the earth with their armies gathered to make war against him who was sitting on the horse and against his army. And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes. And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads. And that no man might buy or sell save he that had the mark, or the name of the Beast, or the number of his name. Here is wisdom. Let he who hath understanding count the Number of the Beast; for it is the number of a man; and his number is 666."
- ―The verses in the Book of Revelation that Damien reads when discovering who he is.
- "For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ."
- ―The Biblical verse at the end of Damien - Omen II.
It is predicted in the Book of Revelation that during the Apocalypse, the Antichrist will grant temporary power to the seven kings of ten nations. The kings will come to hate the Whore of Babylon and will make her desolate and naked; burning her with fire and eating her flesh. According to Dr. Charles Warren, the Whore of Babylon represents Rome. Chapter 13 of Revelation also predicts correctly that the Antichrist will cause much death and destruction during his reign over Earth, and that he bears the Number of the Beast, 666, as a birthmark.
Marion has a Holy Bible in bed with her on the night the Raven kills her. Sergeant Daniel Neff, while helping Damien to discover the latter's identity as the son of Satan, instructs him to read Revelation, 13, in his Bible. Damien does so and begins to realize from it who he is.
At the end of the film, a Biblical verse about the false apostles and the followers of Satan is referenced.
- "And it shall come to pass that in the End Days the Beast shall reign one hundred score and thirty days and nights. And the faithful shall cry unto the Lord: "Wherefore art thou in the day of evil?" And the Lord shall hear their prayers. And out of the Angel Isle he shall bring forth the Deliverer; the Holy Lamb of God who shall do battle with the Beast. And shall destroy him."
- ―The Biblical verse about the Antichrist's downfall.
- "Let no man be deceived. For that day shall not come, until the man of sins is revealed, the son of perdition."
- ―The Biblical verse about the Antichrist quoted by Brother Matteus.
- "Behold, the Lion of Judah! The Messiah, who came first as a child, but returns not as a child, but now as King of Kings, to rule in power and glory forever! And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."
- ―The Biblical verses at the end of The Final Conflict.
During a preaching, Brother Matteus quotes a Biblical verse about the Antichrist's reign over Earth. At the end of the film, Biblical references to the Second Coming of Jesus at the end of Armageddon are made.
- "Thus he said: As for the fourth Beast, there shall be a fourth kingdom on earth, which shall be different from all the kingdoms, and it shall devour the whole earth."
- ―The Biblical verse about the Antichrist coming from Rome.
- "Uttering haughty and blasphemous words, and it was allowed to exercise authority for forty-two months."
- ―The Biblical verse about the Antichrist's reign.
- "And he stood on the sand of the seashore. And I saw a Beast coming up out of the sea, having ten horns and seven heads, and on his horns were ten diadems, and on his heads were blasphemous names."
- ―The Biblical verse about the rise of the seven kings who form an alliance with the Antichrist.
The Book of Revelation predicts that the Antichrist will come from 'the fourth kingdom,' believed to be Rome. When Karen York becomes paranoid that her daughter Delia is the Antichrist, she and Father James Mattson look up information about the Antichrist in the Book of Revelation. According to Mattson, the ten horns of the Beast represents a confederation of ten nations; and the seven heads of the Beast represent the seven leaders of those nations, who will form an alliance with the Antichrist in exchange for power.